furnace blower help

Old 10-14-02, 10:28 AM
southern boy
Visiting Guest
Question furnace blower help

I just found this site today looks great i'm always needing help.My problem is with my furnace blower (all info below) i'll try to explain.Thermostat clicks burner starts flame about 3 minutes later blower comes on runs 20 seconds cuts off but flame stays on minute or so later blower comes on runs 20 second cuts off. I checked snap disc during this and it still has voltage going thru it but blower is not running.I replaced snap disc/fan control switch still does same thing.This is the same blower that has run all summer with a/c it still works fine if i turn on a/c.The wiring diagram shows a blower and thermo switch in small control box on top of unit would one of these be my problem?Is there a cheap place to buy parts for this unit on line?What would be the best way to check these switches?Thanks for any help.

Intertherm Furnace
model # 87-1008-11 / 87-1208-11
appliance # F000942773
( another # is V480748 )

Old 10-14-02, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blower

Do you have an amprobe that you can use to check this out??
you should call a HVAC guy to look at it.With all the power off.See if you get any reading throught the top blower control. The other one should be the limit control.I think you have the klixon control here and they are bad for not working. They work like the bottom of an oil can.The heat makes them pop on and off.I have had times when i took a new one out of the box and it didnt work at the temp it was made for.If you know what your doing you can put a jumper across one control at a time and see if the blower runs.Make sure all power is off before you put the jumper on. If ya dont know it dont work on it

Old 10-14-02, 11:54 AM
southern boy
Visiting Guest
hey Ed

I checked that new snap disc switch for fan control.It is opening after 20 seconds i tried another new one that was adjustable set it for 115 degrees , same thing.You think a lower or higher setting may help?

Old 10-14-02, 12:08 PM
fan

A fan control turns your fan on when it get hot not off.Did you look at where you said there was another fan control?Ring it out to see if it works or not?If you can set the fan control for temp set it as low as it will go and see if the fan comes on. What happens when you call for heat push the stat up and turn the fan to on at the stat?

Old 10-14-02, 01:21 PM
southern boy
Visiting Guest
Re: fan

Originally posted by Ed Imeduc
A fan control turns your fan on when it get hot not off.Did you look at where you said there was another fan control?Ring it out to see if it works or not?If you can set the fan control for temp set it as low as it will go and see if the fan comes on. What happens when you call for heat push the stat up and turn the fan to on at the stat?
push thermostat up flame comes on 3 minutes later blower comes on runs 20 seconds shuts off minute later blower comes on again for 20 seconds shuts off ,over and over again it keeps shutting off at 20 seconds and all this time the flame never shuts off stays hot.

Old 10-14-02, 01:42 PM
blower

You said the blower ran with the AC.Nowwith the t-stat on heat and push to high turn the fan too on at the t-stat,did it come on and run?I still think you need a HVAC here.Is the top blower control working? Is your fan motor a 2 or 3 speed did you lose your low speed for heat and just your high speed is working?There is a lot to look at here. Put a amprobe on the motorand see what you get?

Old 10-14-02, 02:55 PM
southern boy
Visiting Guest
ed

I called a serviceman,my brain is fried.thanks for all the help this is a good site it is in my favorite list.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: