fuel oil meter

Old 10-14-02, 08:02 PM
drgnslyr
Visiting Guest
fuel oil meter

I have a fuel oil boiler furnace in my home and the fuel oil tank is underground. Unfortunately there isn't any gauges to indicate how much fuel is left in the tank. Does anyone out there know where I could find a fuel oil gauge that can meter how much fuel oil the furnace is using? What I would like to do is be able to do is save myself on those unexpected times when I run out. I would like to install it in the line or on top of the line where it comes in on the floor and just before the filter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-02, 05:54 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: drgnslyr

Try shopping at the local fuel oil retailers stores if there are any in your area. Check the local phone directory for parts and supply dealers. Another possible source is to contact the fuel oil dealer. The dealer from whom you buy the oil may be able to supply you with a list of of parts and supply dealers.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Multi Topic Moderator.
Tom_Bart...."Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"....
TCB4U2B2B....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliances Diagnostic Service Technician.

Old 10-16-02, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How about a measuring stick like those used on underground gasoline and oil tanks?

Old 10-27-02, 04:44 PM
drgnslyr
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the ideas, but has anyone heard of any online stores that offer these?

Old 10-28-02, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oil

You can make your own tank stick. Get a long clean stick. put it down in the tank and see how much oil you have .Now when you get low you can mark it. Now call the oil man , when he comes you be there,with your stick.As he fills it stop every once in awhile and you can mark the stick with the gal. he put in.The other way get a chart for dregreedays and a good hi and low thermometer.After one tank full you will be able to tell how much oil you have down too about 3gal. You could look at Grainger and see if they have something ED