Heat Pump Problem

Old 10-16-02, 04:25 PM
American1960
Visiting Guest
Help!!! Heat Pump problem!!! Urgent!!!

I have a Lennox heat pump, (when it works). When the heat is on it seems to be only circulating cold or cool air. I turned the emergency heat on and that doesn't turn on either. The unit is about 6 years old. any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and entire family.

Old 10-16-02, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what are the symptoms?

does the o/d unit run? how about the blower? do you hear the compressor run? need more details including model#. we are lennox dealers an i am very familiar with their many problems

Old 10-17-02, 05:44 AM
American1960
Visiting Guest
I'm at work at the present time and I do not know the model #. I did not hear the compressor come on and the fan does come on, I think...air comes out the vents if that means anything. You are dealing with a female here so my abilities are limited. What is an o/d? I really appreciate your help.

Old 10-17-02, 09:47 AM
COLD AIR

Originally posted by American1960
I'm at work at the present time and I do not know the model #. I did not hear the compressor come on and the fan does come on, I think...air comes out the vents if that means anything. You are dealing with a female here so my abilities are limited. What is an o/d? I really appreciate your help.
HVAC-4u wants to knowif your o/d is runing.

o/d---Hi side----compressor unit----out door unit, U know, that thing out side that the AC lines go to

Old 10-17-02, 11:32 AM
American1960
Visiting Guest
Okay here is what I have found out....The outside fan does turn, the model # is B24Q3.5-3P (I think that the model #). The serial # is 584H35470. The 2 fuses outside have been changed this a.m. so those are not blown......still have same problem. Called many h/a co's and no one can come out until Friday at earliest. Suppose to get down in the low 40's tonight. What should I do next?

Old 10-17-02, 06:12 PM
listen closely

do you hear the seperate hum/noise of the compressor itself? my guess is the capacitor has gone out, this is a common problem with lennox, i know, as we put in @ 120 tons a week in residential install. let us know what you find,

Old 10-17-02, 06:18 PM
bad capacitor

look inside the panel of the o/d (outdoor) unit . there is a silver cylindrical cannister mounted on the wall in there. this is the capacitor. if it appears swollen AT ALL it is probably bad. if you have an ohm meter, check between C and HERM, analog needle should rise then fall if not, it is bad. while you are in there, look for burnt wires, etc. many times the problem can be found just by visual inspection. any evidence of ants? these could get into the contact points and cause similar problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: