Heat Pump Cooling Problem

Old 10-19-02, 07:52 AM
tievo
Visiting Guest
Heat Pump Cooling Problem

I currently have a Rheem High Efficiency Heat pump model RJMAA060JL that sits on top of my roof. When we first tried to use the cooler we noticed that there was no cold air coming out. We called a service tech, who came out and fixed it. He said that the coils just needed to be cleaned off. Well I'm noticing that the cooling isn't working as efficiently as it was earlier in the year (we live in Arizona, so we still use the cooler on occasion), and I was wondering if I could clean the unit myself, and what I need to do to do it right. Also, does the build-up of dust affect the heating? Obviously this is going to be an ongoing problem and I don't want to call a tech every year to come out and spend five minutes cleaning the coils when I could possibly do it my self.

Thanks,

Tyler

Old 10-20-02, 09:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
which coil

did he clean? if this is the problem again already, find the source. if it is the outdoor coil, look for a dryer vent close by, etc. if it is the indoor coil, your filter system is probably letting air by. how long ago was the coil cleaned? it is possibly not the problem this time. check the coils and get back to us. also, in some of these 5 ton rheems there is a red button on the o/d unit to reset the high pressure cutout. is the o/d unit running? if not, this may have it out. if it does have it out, it indicates a dirty coil (o/d), condenser fan quitting possibly intermittantly, generally a high pressure situation. make sure the compressor is running as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: