Furnace Ignition Problem

Old 10-20-02, 08:30 PM
stillwy2biatchy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy No sound at all from AC or Furnace

Last night I came home to a cold house. Normally when my furnace acts up it runs but doesn't blow any air out so I immediately went to listen to see if it was running. It was dead silent. We went to the fuse box to see if one of the circuit blew, everything was fine. We then checked to see if the AC was working, still not a sound. What could it be? I also should add that when it does act up the Ignition Control Panel flashes on and off once which on the ICP it diagnoses that flash as "Ignition Lockout".

Old 10-21-02, 06:56 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
More Specific Info Request Please

Hello stillwy2biatchy. Welcome to our Heating and Cooling forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Plenty of heaters can have this problem. It can be a simple or very complex repair and or condition. Please provide a lot more detailed information on the specific type of heater, brand, make and model.

Try unplugging the unit or turning off the electrical power for 5 minutes then turn it back on. Doing so may reset the circuit board and clear the lockout.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the ignition system and possible problem causes.

Read the RECENT postings, within this forum, on heater topics and the replies offered.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or questions, etc. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultants & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technicians.

Old 10-21-02, 10:11 AM
stillwy2biatchy
Visiting Guest
Last night when I posted my question my two year old was asleep and since the furnace is right by her bedroom I couldn't get the specifics of the furnace. I hope this helps, it's an Evcon Direct Vent Forced Air Furnace, Model # DGAT070BDC.

Old 10-21-02, 05:53 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
when reset

as tom instructed, what happens? is this a mobile home unit? how old? if ignition lockout is the fault code, a/c should still run afetr resetting board. do you have a spark or hot surface ignition? if hot surface, see if voltage is going to ignitor, if you have a meter, if so, and no glow, bad ignitor.

Old 10-21-02, 08:16 PM
stillwy2biatchy
Visiting Guest
I've never had to reset it when the AC is on. I do live in a mobile home and it's a 94. My boyfriend's father checked with a meter and it is getting voltage. It's a hot surface ignitor. I have called HVAC tech and they are coming tomorrow. The ignition control panel was just replaced a year ago. Now I'm worried about the cost. Thank you all so much for your help.

Old 10-22-02, 06:51 PM
stillwy2biatchy
Visiting Guest
Cool Problem Fixed

Turned out to be transformer and ignition control panel! It's working great now! Thanks again for all of your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: