system lockout

Old 10-22-02, 06:35 AM
bigpapa
Visiting Guest
Unhappy system lockout

I'm having a big problem with my Comformaker Plus 90 furnace it keeps going into (system lockout due to retry) don't know what to do . PLEASE HELP. Also what troules me is that the main blower comes on as if the plenum has heat ?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-02, 06:52 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello bigpapa. Welcome to our Heating and Cooling forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Plenty of heaters can have this problem. It can be a simple or very complex repair and or condition. The blower fan will automatically turn on regardless. The blowers electrical system is an independent operating system.

System lockout may indicate flue vent blockage, exhaust fan failure, ignition failure, low voltage failure, safety device or system failures, improperly replaced blower compartment panels and any other sort of defects, etc.

Electronic ignition furnaces are complex units which may not be serviceable by the do-it-yourself person. Professional help may be required.

Try unplugging the unit or turning off the electrical power for 5 minutes then turn it back on. Doing so may reset the circuit board and clear the lockout.

Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the ignition system and possible problem causes.

Read the RECENT postings, within this forum, on heater topics and the replies offered. Doing so will provide you with plenty of additional information and possible correctional methods.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or questions, etc. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultants & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technicians.

Old 10-22-02, 11:02 AM
bigpapa
Visiting Guest
system lockout

Thankyou for the reply on my problem I investagated some more and discovered that the glow coil or heating element was not coming on. I tested for voltage and got a good reading. I checked the glow coil, it was cracked I replaced same and whamo GOT heat . Thanks again & bless this sight.