electric portable room heater

Old 10-24-02, 11:40 AM
dkmoses
Visiting Guest
electric portable room heater

We aquired an electrical portable room heater just recently. It's a Lakewood model. It looks like the old time wall radiators. It's on wheels and it has some sort of liquid in it. There is no fan that we can tell. My question: is there any need to check the liquid level as it may be old and I want it to operate correctly. Please let me know something about these types of heaters.
Thank you.

Old 10-24-02, 11:53 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello dkmoses and Welcome to the Heating and Cooling Appliance forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The heater your describing should not need any fluid. It's a sealed unit.

Exterior cleaning and proper connection to an electrical source is all that is required. Keep the unit away from flameable surfaces and materials, as they do get hot.

Do not use this heater in or around any combustable products or there vapors. The heaters element componets are sealed but the thermostat and switches are not sealed.

Several other resident heating professionals on this type of heating system, replying within this forum, could have additional helpful information & advice.

Check back on your question several times for additional replies.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator & Web Site Host
Tom_Bart....Company Enterprises.....TCB4U2B2B
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: