blower vibration/balancing

Old 10-23-02, 07:53 PM
edbreyer
Visiting Guest
blower vibration/balancing

I recently replaced the blower motor on my furnace (windings burned through on old motor) and picked up a vibration. I was able to reduce the vibration by repositioning the clip-on weights that were already on a couple of the blower fins. Unfortunately it seems I need a few more of these clip on weights to finish the job. Any idea were I can get them or order them online? I'd like to get 2 each of about 3 sizes (6 total) - The existing ones are 1" and 1/4".

Thanks!
Ed

PS: I ordered the motor through an online supplier and am very happy with the quality and price. It was $200 less then the local HVAC vendor (who may have contributed to the motor burnout by leaving the filter out on the last service call - during some home remodeling).

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-02, 11:43 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: edbreyer

The balance weights should be available at any electric motor repair shop in town. The address and owners of these type of repair shops will be listed in any phone directory.

Check the cage bearings also. Worn bearings can cause vibrations, noise and out of balance problems too.

Old 10-24-02, 08:00 PM
edbreyer
Visiting Guest
Tom Bartco > Thanks for the reply!

Tom Bartco > Thanks for the reply!