In floor heating for garage...

Old 10-30-02, 03:36 PM
renes
Visiting Guest
In floor heating for garage...

When my house was being built, I installed in floor heating tubing (3 lengths of 150 ft) in the garage cement pad. Now that the colder weather is around the corner, I guess I should finish the job. My uncle heats his tree car garage with a simple 33 gallon hot water tank (natural gas) and a 1/25 hp pump which turns on with a thermostat. I believe he even told me that he keeps his on the vacation setting. I find that a little hard to believe when it gets 40 below.

My question is, should I simplify the setup by simply having the pump operational all the time, and turn down the heat from the hot water tank? I'm trying to keep costs down if possible.

I want to buy a used hot water tank that is less then 10 years old to heat the glycose. I also want to install it myself. I tackle projects around the house all the time, but gas is something I'm not sure about. I don't want to blow my house up and then have insurance not pay because I did it myself. Any oppinions would be appreciated here. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-02, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hot water

Just dont forget to set the hot water heater up 2ft off the floor for code. No open flame in a garage at floor line ED