Help me with my furnace! Pics inside...

Old 11-05-02, 03:33 PM
SombreroMan
Visiting Guest
Help me with my furnace! Pics inside...

Ok, I was wondering if anyone could help me to relight my pilot light. There are instructions, but honestly, they don't make any sense to me. I have some pictures of the furnace and was hoping someone would be able to give me some tips on how to relight the pilot.

Here are the pics:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4.jpg.orig.jpg

Please help... it's getting pretty cold in here. Thanks.

-Mike

Old 11-05-02, 04:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cannot see images

send them to hvac4u@hotmail.com, will be looking for them.

Old 11-05-02, 05:10 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think I can tell you...

Here's what I think...make sure the gas has been turned off for several minutes and check to see if you smell any gas in the area...if you do go have a beer and wait 'til the gas smell has cleared,
Next locate the area where the pilot light is located...looks to me like it will be at the end of the spiraling copper tube. Turn the gas back on. Light a long burnable stick ( a stick of uncooked sphegetti works well) light it and hold it near the pilot light location...do this while turning the yelow knob to "Pilot" (looks like it's at 10:00) and push the knob down and hold it down until the pilot light lights and burns for 3-3-4 minutes and then release it.. If it goes out, keep the yellow knob depressed longer the next time BUT always do the first step where you check for gas smell (rotten eggs) and let it clear.
After the pilot stays lit, turn the yellow knob to the "on" position

Old 11-05-02, 05:28 PM
SombreroMan
Visiting Guest
Thanks a lot marygee1... I will give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: