Steam Radiators

Old 11-14-02, 02:35 PM
R
RPrisco
Visiting Guest
Question Steam Radiators

I'm having my 2nd floor bathroom remodeled and I had the bright idea to have the large radiator removed and replaced with a smaller heater of some kind. The contractor said "okay" and removed the radiator. He hasn't put in the new heater yet, but as soon as he removed the old radiator almost all of the other radiators in my house have stopped working. The boiler is still pumping away, but nothing is coming out of the radiators. His first thought was that air had gotten into the system and he needed to bleed the radiators and that didn't work . I think that's because it's a STEAM system and my understanding is you don't bleed the air out of steam system. He clearly doesn't know what to do now. Any ideas??????

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-02, 07:40 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am assuming your system is a steam 1-pipe system. By your description, apparently the removal affected the steam from entering the piping system. I had a similar problem when I turned off some radiators because the rooms were not in use. Only to find out that steam wouldn't go to other radiators in the house. When I reopened the radiators, all the radiators got steam.

The easiest solution here is to re-install the radiator.

Old 11-15-02, 04:22 AM
R
RPrisco
Visiting Guest
No, it's a two pipe system. And I can't reinstall the radiator because it was hauled away in the trash when the bathroom was gutted. Any other ideas?