Thermostat Problem

Old 11-17-02, 02:57 PM
Jim Dannels
Visiting Guest
thermostat setting

I have a Honeywell programable thermostat.
This morning, while the program was running it did not assume the 74 degree setting for daytime and remained on evening setting of 65 degrees. Overiding for a 72 degree setting would not work either.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-02, 03:18 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Several Possibilities

Hello: Jim

Is the date and day correct? Is it stuck in the set back mode? Recheck all the presets. If all seems okay, it just may be a fluke, a pre warning to a future thermostat failure or it's possible, not meant to offend but....could it be human error?

Did you get the furnace to operate? Or did the furnace fail to operate? Thought here would be a power failure in the low voltage circuit. No voltage from the heaters transformer would reveal a battery operation icon or symbol on the thermostat.

Resident heating professionals replying within this forum, may have alternate solutions, suggestions, opinions and or test and repair methods. Check back several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or questions, etc. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck, Forum Host & Multiple Topic Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.
Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient Service.....
Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 11-17-02, 04:24 PM
Jim Dannels
Visiting Guest
Yep we`re on the same page!
Checked all the programing. ok
Furnace operates. just won`t go over 65
Expected Human error. That ones beyond me, since programing checked I posted because I wondered what I could have missed
Thermostat is about a year old.
Thanks

Old 11-17-02, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
Jim Dannels:
Those programmable thermostats drive me nuts. Almost everyone made has different programming logic.

There is a possibility that the thermostat is defective and has defaulted to the mechanical switch.
They all have an internal switch to prevent you from freezing up if the control fails. The thermostat may be operating like Windows and has to be reset.
My White Rogers has a tiny hole on the front that you insert something small to reset.

Old 11-18-02, 08:57 PM
Jim Dannels
Visiting Guest
Don`t know whether it was a hicup or an indication of things to come? But it seems to be working fine today. thanks for the help will be watching it more closely for a while