ignition lockout

Old 11-21-02, 04:41 PM
Mark Kristl
Visiting Guest
ignition lockout

i have a weil mclain oil boiler with tankless htr. It has a beckett afg gun w a honeywell tripple aquastat-relay l8124a ,r4184d 1027 ignitor. when stat calls for heat ,the relay activates but i get no burn. This happens at night or when i am gone. i reset the lockout overide and it worked for two days then died again. Two months ago i cleaned the boiler and gun replaced the nozzle and spin on filter and set electrodes with a beckett gauge. The parts guy said to check the transformer. It sparks across the spring terminals but shows a colored spark. Do i have a bad transformer or ignitor or .....? Thanks Mark K.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-02, 05:21 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Look for a nice clean bluish arc across the ignition transformer. You also may have a bit of water in your oil. Ck electrode porcelains for cracks. Re-do electrode adjustment. Did you replace pump screen with the filter? Is the pump psi low?

Old 11-21-02, 05:33 PM
Mark Kristl
Visiting Guest
how would you know if you had water/ Should i ad something like dry gas for a car? The filter was a spin on like a car oil filter so.. is there another screen somewhere . Oil pressure value should be about 100 psi i assume thanks mark k.

Old 11-21-02, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
heat problem

Sounds like a Garber filter, they good. I think the problem is with the cad cell relay. Check it and its alignment. test it. in darkness=>25Kohms. Resistance should be =<800ohms in the presence of flame/light. Test it with an ohm meter. Remove both yellow wires and install a 1500 ohm resistor on terminals F, F . Unit should not start. Remove one side and retest again, it should start and lock out after a timed cycle of 15-45 seconds depending on the primary control. After 5 minutes reset the control and after it starts connect the loose terminal, and the burner shuld continue to run beyond the timed control. try measuring the resistance during fire to see if it is =<800 ohms.You may have to spray paint the blast tube silver on the inside to get enough light for it to sence flame.