THANK YOU forum for repair info!!!

Old 11-29-02, 07:42 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
THANK YOU forum for repair info!!!

Twas a cool Thanksgiving day. My furnace decided not to work on Thanksgiving morning... woke up to 58 deg in the house. Thank goodness for the oven going all morning and then 11 guests that kept the house warm enough.

The HSI would heat up and ignite the burners, but as soon as it cooled off they would shut back off. This would repeat 3 times with no success and then the furnace would lock out.

I searched the forum archives and read about cleaning the flame sensor. Cleaned it lightly with sandpaper and now the funace works like it should.

Once again THANK YOU for the available information. (Also saving me the $65 service call is a bonus!)

Steve H.

Old 11-29-02, 08:43 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Happy Camper Success Story

We LOVE To Hear Success Stories!...

Hello: srponies

On behalf of myself and all the professionals who contribute helpful advice in this forum topic, I express a thank you for taking your valuable time to reply back in the forum.

Glad you had success correcting the problem from the information supplied & included the correctional method in your reply along with the successful results.

You also proved that reading the archives and searching the forum can provide a quick means to determine the problem and obtain the required information to correct the problem...

Regards and Many Thanks.
Web Site Host & Multiple Topic Moderator
TCB4U2B2B Enterprises. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

>>>>>>>>>Added Edit Note: {01-04-03}

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 01-04-03 at 07:16 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: