Heating options

Old 12-03-02, 02:03 PM
Heating options

Currently have home where addition was put on with a crawl space with really no access and can't imagine how I would ever get ductwork back there.

Is my only option electric baseboard? Are there newer more efficient options on the market?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-02, 02:16 PM
You mean heating to the addition? How about the attic? Or perhaps a closet in the addition.

Old 12-03-02, 02:19 PM
crawl way

There is no way you can cut through to the crawl way????
Did they put 6 mil poly down on the ground in there? On the oil tank I'd check with the EPA I think you will only have trouble when you go to sell the home. But for sure find out now on the oil tank ED

Old 12-03-02, 02:24 PM
Current ductwork ends at the edge of the room leading to the extension - no wall there. Ductwork stops - go up one step to next level and heating stops - could cut through floor to access crawl space - but will anybody really go down there to install ductwork??????? It's a twoe/ three room run to th back of the house and gos up another step (but I don't believe the creawl space gets larger - just follows the lay of the land).

Attic is not an option. No ductwork in attic and ceiling in that section of house has no attic access (flat roof)