HVAC Pricing?

Old 12-05-02, 03:28 AM
Houllx
Visiting Guest
HVAC Pricing?

I am currently building a new home and wont be able to get to the HVAC stage til probably Mid Feb. A friend of mine mentioned something about...I better buy my HVAC system before Jan. because he heard the price of AC systems were going up 20% in price after Jan. I dont know where he got this info or if its even true. Just wondering what you experts out there think about his comment? Thanks in advance for your replies ...

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-02, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Houllx:

Pricing seems to continually go up.

Get quotes with two delivery options

Old 12-05-02, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pricing

did not hear of pricing increase. soon minimum seer ratings will increase again, seems like it went to 10 only a few years ago! then there will be a marked increase, and as gregh mentions, prices go up regularly. get a lot of bids from contractors that will not only do a heat load, but give you several options. are you considering any specific brand or efficiency? i once worked on "awesome bill from dawsonville" elliot's machine shop where a sign hangs stating "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" same goes for hvac.

Old 12-06-02, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've always heard that as the temp goes up, so do the prices on A/C systems.. Funny, the same isn't true in the winter, when the temp goes down, prices of heating systems goes up. It's all about supply and demand.