2 zone valves on 1 ZV Controler circuit

Old 12-05-02, 05:38 AM
PipeBender
Visiting Guest
Question 2 zone valves on 1 ZV Controler circuit

Is it possible (recommended) to connect two Zone valves to one "circuit" on the Zone valve controller?

I have a situation where I would like two zones to activate from one thermostat. I am using the Taco zv406 control and Taco Gold Series Zone valves.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-02, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
PipeBender:

Please read the Before Posting announcement and come back with a more detailed question.

Old 12-05-02, 10:46 AM
PipeBender
Visiting Guest
I am not sure how much more info GregH wants. I did read the "Before Posting Announement".

However I will try to give you more info. The Taco Controler has four zone circuits. Normally you conncet one thermostat to one side of the circuit and a zone valve to the other side of the circuit.

What I would like to do is connect two zone valves to the bottom side of the circuit.

The Zone valves are rated at 24 volts .9 amps The contoler performance specifications says "All Zone Valve Controls are relay type DPDT and have a single phase motor rating per zone of
1/6 hp (5 A) @ 120 VAC.

Old 12-05-02, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
PipeBender:

Thanks for the extra info.

I'm not familiar with that controller, but if the switching is by a DPDT relay, I can't think of a reason that it wouldn't work.

Old 12-06-02, 05:27 AM
PipeBender
Visiting Guest
I have written to Taco (the manufacturer of the valve and controller) and will post what ever they send me. However if anyone else has any input on this it would be appreciated.

Old 12-10-02, 01:41 PM
PipeBender
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Just got an answer from Taco. You may put 2 valves on one zone; however you cannot exceed the total number of valves that the control was designed for. With 2 valves on one zone you will have one empty zone.

They also included a sketch of how this should be wired. I will try to describe it.

From the Zone Valve Controller (ZVC) Valve terminal block (VTB)Wire position 1 to position 1 of zone valve A (VZ-A), wire position 2 of VTB to position 2 of VZ-A, wire position 3 of VTB to position 3 of Zone Valve B (ZV-B). Finally, wire position 3 of ZV-A to position 2 of ZV-B.

Old 12-10-02, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Thanx for the feedback!

It's very much appreciated.