Trane 1200XL

Old 12-05-02, 08:43 AM
KevinPNC
Visiting Guest
Question Trane 1200XL

I have dual Trane 1200xl units. I turned them off (at the control) for a week (while it was warm) and when turned back on the down stairs unit did not start.

I have power at the outside portion, I have power at the air exchange in the crawl space. 2 x 110. The control board is viewable and no lights are on. The unit has a gravity drain. I was told that if a pump was used and clogged, it would shut down the power.

I think it may be either the transformer or possibly a 5amp fuse I see listed on the schematic.

The exchange unit in the crawl space is placed so that it is very difficult to access the control board/transformer box inside.

Any suggestions? If I need a new transformer, any idea where to order? Price?

MODEL TWE031E13FB0

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-02, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
KevinPNC:

Please read the Before Posting announcement and come back if you need more info.

Old 12-05-02, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kevin,

check the fuse first, it may be located on the air handler (AHU) or exchange unit as you call it. if the transformer is receiving high voltage (220) in your case, and not producing 24 on the other side, replace the transformer. you say you have 110 X 2. do you have 220 between them? if not, you may have lost one side of power. one side of the breaker may have not engaged.