Furnace Will Not Stay Lit

Old 12-06-02, 11:19 AM
SAPELAK
Visiting Guest
Furnace Will Not Stay Lit

Can hear pilot click and light a second later the pilot turns off and this process starts again. I thought the ignition module was not sending signal to gas valve but I do have 24v at the gas valve at 2 of the 3 wires (red,white & black). Once while watching this the pilot would repeat the clicking pilot light and turn off several times then the burner did light for a few seconds but then shut off and the returned to its cycle. The furnace will malfunction about 30% of the time, but has not failed completely yet.
Heil model#NUGE080KG02, then the #867-768021
seriel #L88371826, Igniter module is a Honeywell #S86F, Gas valve is Honeywell V804.
The furnace is 11 years old. This occures intermittenly and when ever I call my local repair man to inspect it works normally. Repair man ststed could be the ignition module or gas valve? But without seeing the malfunction he can not be sure.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-02, 07:16 AM
no heat

not familiar with the parts #'s you mention. is this a spark ignition that lights a pilot? if so, the part that senses the pilot may be going out. this will cause the problems you mention.