Heat pump charging

Old 12-10-02, 09:52 PM
Cool_it
Visiting Guest
Question Heat pump charging

I was wondering if someone would'nt mide telling me how to charge a heat pump system in the dead of winter the need has never came up for me to ask this question but know I need to know most of the time I change running in AC mode but would like to know how to chage in the heat mode I have been doing this type of work for 16 years I guess it's time to learn something new Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-02, 12:15 PM
rclhvac
Visiting Guest
Recover, evacuate & then weigh it in

Old 12-11-02, 12:35 PM
Cool_it
Visiting Guest
Heat pump charging

Thatís a bit extreme just to add a charge to a low unit isnít it.
I guess what i mean is the unit is a bit low not out of freon sorry I didn't explain myself very good.

Old 12-11-02, 12:37 PM
rclhvac
Visiting Guest
That's manufacture recomened & proper way

Old 12-11-02, 02:37 PM
Cool_it
Visiting Guest
Yes I know that but in apartment maintenance there is no time for that we also have much more to do we can only charge until we get time to repair the problem which is a few days later from the first call in I just wont to know how to charge in heat mode for a temp fix I can always switch to cooling and charge but the information I am after would help me save time I know there is a way but cant seem to drag it out of anyone if you know what I mean.
Your anwser is correct however not what I am looking for and thanks for your help.

Old 12-11-02, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
heat pump charging

look inside most unit's electrical panel and you should find a chart. i have heard that charging until discharge temp is 120 degrees above outdoor yemp, but sounds a little high. charging in the winter is no wasy thing, it is easy to overcharge, as the condenser (outdoor unit) will hold a lot of refrigerant when it is cold out

Old 12-11-02, 08:15 PM
Cool_it
Visiting Guest
Thanks hvac4u for the reply