blower/fan stuck on

Old 12-15-02, 11:52 AM
dthack51
Visiting Guest
blower/fan stuck on

I have an old Rheem furnace and recently the blower stays on after the thermostat has turned the gas/heat off. Do I need to call a tech. or can I fix this myself? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-02, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
dthack51:

It is normal for the fan to run until the plenum cools down but should stop when the temp of the plenum gets to about 130 deg F.

It will likely be the fan/limit control that needs replacing.

You will need to have some electrical abilities and be able to identify the components inside the furnace to fix this yourself.

Old 12-15-02, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you can replace a light switch or receptacle then you can replace that control. Just make sure to match the wiring exactly like the old one. Be especially careful to leave or cut the factory installed jumper. get the part number if you can. It is printed on the top of the control. It is probably a Honeywell L4064 and get the one with the 5" reach. If you get the 11" one it will not fit inside your furnace. I use a small allen wrench to release the wires from the push in terminals on them and don't cut the wires if you don't have to because they are tinned so you can push the stranded wire into the terminals.
Go for it.