Closet for central heating unit

Old 12-31-02, 09:40 AM
terryj
Visiting Guest
Question Closet for central heating unit

I am replacing my self contained heat pump with a split system heat pump. I am only building the closet area where the inside unit will sit. Installation of the unit will be done professionally. My question is, what are the requirements for the dimensions of the closet as far as width and depth? The height is already determined by the air return vent from my previous unit (I assume). I already have power supplied to the area also. Any other information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
TerryJ

Old 12-31-02, 09:56 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
3 feet by 3 feet. you got to have at leasr six inch clearace on each side

Old 12-31-02, 04:05 PM
jackal
Visiting Guest
Couple things, gas furnace needs 6 inches clearance, to the front, to be safe go with an 1 inch clearance on sides and back.You will have to have combustion air. Electric furnace very little space needed. Just keep in mind front access to gas and electric for service reasons.If you can give up 30x36 deep you should be fine.

Old 12-31-02, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
SI ZE

Cant the person that is going to put the unit in give you the size that you will need?????????
Also ask them if the wire you have is ok for the new kw.
Are the refrigeration lines in??
What does code call for there say?? ED

Old 12-31-02, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
clearances

depending on mfr vary for airhandlers, generally 6 inches is more than enough. you do not need combustion air as this is a heat pump. will need another wire as ed says

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: