Heating Problem(I set on 75, it only gets to 60 to 65)

Old 01-06-03, 01:12 AM
geis24
Visiting Guest
Heating Problem(I set on 75, it only gets to 60 to 65)

I recently had a large amount of water enter the house, almost like a small flood, about 1 to 2 inches of water, ever since than my heating system has not been working properly. The thermistat is set on around 75, and depending on how cold it gets outside, it will only get to 60 to 65 and saids that it is always on. Is this a major problem? Or can it be fixed without replacing the system? It has been about 2 weeks since the small flood. Thanks!

Old 01-06-03, 03:12 AM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Probably your problem can be fixed, but we need you to watch how the the furnace is working and give us some info on model, type of ignition, age, etc. Heat not working properly is a bit vague.

Old 01-06-03, 10:50 AM
geis24
Visiting Guest
On the wall is a white-rogers thermistat, it has two lights on the left side, one with a blue light that tells you when the furnace is on and a red light for emergency heat. The blue light is always on (Lately, wasn't always like that). On the outside it saids Miller on the front, but on the back it has Nordyne, and it is a dual heat pump. The furnace itself doesn't have a name on it. It is an electric heating system. If you need any more info you'll have to be more specific(sorry, not that smart when it comes to heating and cooling. The problem that I am having is that I will put the thermistat on 75, but the furnace, heating pump will only get the house up to 60 to 65 degrees. The blue light is on all the time now, so the furnance is always running. Thanks again

Old 01-06-03, 12:51 PM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
Have there been times in the past that the system would warm the house to 75 and cycle off? [during colder weather I mean] If it's running all the time, you're going to have a big electric bill. It sounds like either the heat pump is not running up to snuff or the electric heat strips in the furnace aren't on or maybe only some portion of them are on. Go outside when the heat pump is running and see if the larger pipe coming out of the unit is hot. Also, look inside the furnace and see if there is a circuit breaker that's tripped, blown fuse or burnt looking wires.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: