Heating & Cooling

Old 01-11-03, 10:10 AM
Mark Durkee
Visiting Guest
Question New thermostat to electrical baseboard not working

I am replacing a new wall mounted thermostat for a room with electric baseboard heaters. The present thermostat is a Chomolox electronic, single pole, installed 1983. It is connected to two small diameter wires. I purchased a Dimplex thermostat and hooked it up per instructions. The heaters will not come on. There does not seem to be power coming from the two small wires. Prior to my installation the old thermostat did not regulate heat, but there was power. I have tested circut breakers etc. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Mark Durkee; 01-12-03 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-11-03, 10:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
elec. heat

You dont say if the tstat is high or low voltage here on the base board? The old tstat never did work ??? 110 or 220 ? 24? more info Ed

Old 01-11-03, 11:13 AM
Mark Durkee
Visiting Guest
Thanks for replying Ed, The old tstat did work until a couple of days ago. I think the heaters are 220 as they are wired dirctly into the panel. I'm not sure about the high or low voltage thermastat but the wires that run to it are not much bigger than phone line wire. The old tstatis LR 30410 Class II model TC-9.
The new one I purchased is much heavier wiring and is like the rest in the house, connecting to heavier wiring. The one I am trying to replace seems to be an odd one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: