Heating Questions

Old 01-12-03, 11:12 PM
kitten019
Visiting Guest
Heating Questions

Hello: We are buying a house and its only source of heat throughout is Fan Forced Wall Heaters..They are some rooms in the Basement that do not have any heat at all...The house is over 3000.sq/ft..My question is we need heat in 3 bedrooms and 1 rec room all in the basement, what is the most cost efficient way to do this without our monthly bill going through the roof..I am not sure about the Baseboard heat or the Wall Mounted Heating system..I have 3 small children, 6yr,2yr and 1yrs so i am not sure if the baseboards could be dangerous or not..The upstairs Master Bedroom has a wall mounted Heater in the Adjoining Bathroom not in the bedroom, so do i need to install another in the Bedroom to get heat?Any Help would be greatly appreciated..

Old 01-13-03, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
kitten019:

Each room should have it's own heater.

With electric resistance heat the only way to control your heating costs is to use less of it,
The costs to run any electric heater are the same, no matter what type.
Baseboard heaters tend to provide a more even heat because the fan forced heaters make a room seem drafty because they are usually sized on the small side and the discharge air is not that warm.
The trade off is that fan forced wall heaters take up less space.

The final answer is a ductwork system.
Would it be possible to work this in to your new house purchase?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: