btu

Old 01-19-03, 07:33 AM
alton316
Visiting Guest
Question btu

How can i determen the btu size that i will need, to heat a
Club house that i am building ? It is 900 square feet,
r13 insulation in walls, r19 in ceiling. The room will be used as
a meeting room for RV clubs at my campground.
(I am in central california, the average cool temp is around
40degress ferinhieght) I was thinking of getting a PTAC unit
"like in motel rooms" the type that is both a heater and air cond.
What do youn think? or maybe you can suggest something.

Oh yeah by the way, what ever i get has to be electric.

Thank you.

Old 01-19-03, 07:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sizing

i would run a load calculation that would take into consideration windows, doors, which way the structure faces, etc. also important will be how many people in the space. your ptac idea is a good one. go to www.hvaccomputer.com for a load calculation

Old 01-19-03, 08:05 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You are better off getting a ductless split heat pump because the only thing going through the wall will be a 3 inch diameter hole rather than a whole unit mounted on a wall. This makes it a lot easier for installation. You can go to www.mrslim.com On that site if you give your zip code and the dimensions of the area you want to condition, they will give you the recommended size unit.

You are going to see there are a lot more options with ductless split systems than with through the wall type units. They don't necessarily have to be put on an outside wall or on a wall at all. You can have them recessed in the ceiling if your want. You could have one compressor unit outside and run two evaporator coil units in different locations in the room. You can have even 3 or 4 units inside if you want that will run off one unit outside. This is especially nice if the room is large or partioned off. Each inside unit can be sized to handle that size room. Example a bathroom can have a separate unit in it without having to have a separate dedicated compressor unit outside. In other words, you don't require separate compressors for each handler inside. They also have remote controls and are programmable.

Old 01-19-03, 08:08 AM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
You want heat only or heating/cooling? A PTAC or ductless mini split heat pump would be ideal. You can get a heat/cool load calculation program at www.hvaccomputer.co for $39. For some equipment ideas look at www.mrslim.com, www.friedrich.com, www.sanyo.com/business/heat_air, www.geappliances.com/zoneline/ I would advise against a Friedrich PTAC. They have a belt driven fan and also a water pump to move the condensate from the drain pan to the back of the unit. Read- high maintenance. If you want heat only, maybe you could look into electric baseboard heaters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: