new home heat

Old 01-29-03, 03:43 PM
conmeecowboy
Visiting Guest
new home heat

hello i have a couple of questions. first im building a new house soon and am looking at hvac options. i would like to heat basement with infloor heat. i was going to heat main floor with it also and use warmboard but the price is a bit steep.im looking at using a hi velocity system for main floor heat and ac.has anyone had experience with e.s.p. comfort aire system and would you recommend it. question#2 possibly going to use outdoor wood boiler to supply hot water could i put water from boiler right through pex tubing or do i have to run it through a heat exchanger. i think water from boiler is heated to 180deg. home is to be 1600sq ft and i dont have heat loss calc back yet so i dont know if i can get away with using oil fired hot water for home heat.

Old 01-29-03, 04:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You will probably won't need even 100,000 btus so you should have a pretty good choice of options. I don't think you can get wirsbo tube large enough in diameter to handle the whole house, but maybe I just never looked for 1" wirsbo tube. It would probably be easier to lay insulated 1" copper inside a 4" pvc to get the supply and return into the house. Sounds like a fun project. And I don't see why you would need a heat exchanger between the wood boiler and the house. Just use anti-freeze in case the fire goes out.

Old 01-29-03, 04:42 PM
conmeecowboy
Visiting Guest
thanks for yor thoughts. this is the first time ive asked a question on one of these forums but i can see where it helps getting things figured out. i dont know much
about all involved with radiant heat but i thought id run the 1" lines to manifold then 1/2" tubing through slab but i thought i read somewhere that pex tubing can only take a certain temp water in it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: