Furnace stops burning when igniter shuts off.

Old 01-30-03, 02:54 PM
judd
Visiting Guest
Furnace stops burning when igniter shuts off.

hello,The flame on my furnace shuts off as soon as the igniter shuts off,this is a goodman furnace,80,000btu.i've cleaned the flame sensor but doen't change anything.I recently called a heating&colling company and they said that wasn't the problem, i know it's got to be something simple,it's only 2 years old and hate to replace it.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-03, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
my guess

would possibly be the pressure switch dropping out, as there is more strain on when the burners come on. if you have a multimeter, check this first. what kind of flue do you have? chimney, double wall etc.?

Old 01-30-03, 04:35 PM
judd
Visiting Guest
Hello,I've recently unhooked the flue right at the furnace to see if there was some kinda back pressure,but the results were the same.The flue is all pvc.Thanks again i'm always looking forward to speaking with the pro's.

Old 01-30-03, 04:59 PM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
How long does the igniter stay on? Do the main burners ever lite? Does it seem like the main burners are on for 5 seconds and then go out? What is the brand/model # of the ignition module? If the service guy didn't think it was the flame rod, what did he think? You had a guy over, right? you just didn't call somebody on the phone? They hate that. Are all the ground connections in the furnace clean/tight?

Old 01-30-03, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ok

you have a 90% furnace. see if the rubber tube leading to the pressure switch has any water in it