Bedroom over garage always cold

Old 02-05-03, 11:35 AM
TxAggie
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Bedroom over garage always cold

The bedroom over our unheated garage is always cold. There is little heat coming out of the vent. There are two 90 degree elbows in the duct work which I'm sure has reduced the CFM of air. I'm sure there are more that I can not see.

How effective will an in-line air booster be? Do you have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-03, 12:16 PM
Brewbeer
Visiting Guest
Is there a cold air return duct in this room?

The warm air that IS making its way down the ducts and into the room needs to displsace the cold air that is already in the room. There needs to be a provision for the cold air in the room to return to the furnace.

Old 02-05-03, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
TxAggie:

As far as the booster fans go they are a waste of money.
People that I have seen use them, seldom get more than two years out of them, they are noisy and they should also be wired in to the furnace because they will create drafts when running without the furnace producing heat.

There is a good possibility that the ductwork is inadequate to carry the required volume of air.

Checking the return air is a good idea.

You may want to try balancing the airflow throughout the house.
If interested we can explain how to do it. However you will have to provide us with a complete description of your home, heating equipment, etc.

If you would be so kind as to read the Read-B-4 Posting anouncement at the beginning of this forum, what we need to know is there.