calibrating a thermostat/thermometer

Old 02-06-03, 08:57 AM
miketone
Visiting Guest
calibrating a thermostat/thermometer

hello!

my thermostat is set at 60 degrees to maintain the actual house temperature at 70. the thermometer on the thermostat also reads 60 degrees.
i have tampered with the "longer cycles" control to the point where it is way off target.

how can i calibrate it?
thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-03, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
t-stat

Put the heat anticipater back where it was for a start. Did the home stay warm then? Also is the tstat plumb on the wall???You know years back Honeywell had a tstat with just lines on it for the temp We didnt have one bad one. Joe, pete and mike would set their tsat's to what every red line kept the home as they liked it. You can have a bad tstat but lets try this first.Also the wall its on there is no heat that can get to it ? There is no draft inside the wall its on. If you set the tstat to say 63 do you get 73 in the home?? ED

Old 02-06-03, 01:52 PM
miketone
Visiting Guest
thanks ed.

the tstat is level, not on a drafty/overheated spot of the wall.
i moved the anticipator because the tstat was getting stuck and would blow all night. i have put it back to where i THOUGHT it should be, to not avail. also manually set the thermometer on the tstat to right temp, but it keeps drifting off.

... time for a new programmable tstat.
know a good site with step by step directions?

thanks again

Old 02-06-03, 02:16 PM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Do you really care what temp it says as long as you are comfortable and it works?