Install your own heatpump??

Old 02-07-03, 10:51 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Install your own heatpump??

Is it possible for a diy'er to install heat pump? I guess anything is possible, but is it realistic? What skills would a person have to have to accomplish such a task. I am thinking possibly some general electrical skills, but what else would I need to know?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-03, 01:06 PM
S
scooter100
Visiting Guest
heat pump install?

What type of heat pump are you considering? I just installed a 6-ton geosource hydronic system with forced air cooling.

Old 02-07-03, 01:17 PM
HEAT PUMP

Are you EPA for the freon??? Could you trouble shoot on it if it dont work???? If not I think you need hvac guy ED

Old 02-07-03, 04:50 PM
B
Well, I think I have someone who could charge the system for me. As far as what type of heatpump, it would just be a 12 seer 3.5 ton unit. I am not really that familiar with all of the technology, but I am beginning to research it. I just want to know if this is an undertakng I should even consider. I would consider myself an above average diy'er, but no expert by any means. I have built my entire house myself to this point (with some help on plumbing and electrical), so if I can do it myself, I would like to.

Old 02-07-03, 05:10 PM
HEAT PUMP

Ok you got that covered. Now are you a tin bender or know one
and do you have a shop to make up all the duct work for the job. Can you come up with the load on the home and lay the duct work out for the job so it works ok??????There is a lot more than people think to get a good working job for heat and cool.Also have you been over to www.warmair.net and see what your fuel comparison is for gas elec. and oil there and if the heat pump will pay you back??????? ED