furnace fan and burner won't run together

Old 02-08-03, 06:59 AM
meyoung524
Visiting Guest
furnace fan and burner won't run together

i have an older gas furnace with a constant fixed pilot light. when the burner comes on and the heat exchanger gets up to temp when the fan motor kicks in the burner immediately shuts down. when the temperature drops in the heat exchanger and the burner kicks back in the fan motor immediately shuts off. this process repeats over and over thus producung very little heat. i replaced the fan relay in theheat exchanger with a new 250 degree one but this didn't fixed the constant on/off problem. i can't get the burner and fan to run at the same time. any ideas about this would be great. THANK YOU!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-03, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blower

When you say fan relay do you mean the fan control????Also 250d is that the limit I hope. If you turn the fan on at this control will the blower motor keep running. On this new fan control is it the same 11" or 5" element that you had?? You did wire it the same way on the new control. Need more info here ED

Old 02-08-03, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Get me the model and manufacturer of the fan control you are talking about. I'm willing to bet it is a wiring problem and I will be able to describe the repair better if I know what control you have.