ventilation

Old 02-08-03, 06:05 PM
JoanWhite
Visiting Guest
ventilation

I am trying to get some heat from one room to the next using vents. Do you put the vents at the top of the wall or at the bottom. I am not using a furnace to do this. I am just using heat transfer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-03, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How are you going to "Move" the air? Is there going to be a fan?

You can put it up in the wall on the higher end. Also, what size of vent are you using?

I personaly will say that if you just use a small size vents. your not going to gain a whole lot for temp rise..

Give us a bit details... Is there a wood stove, and you want heat from that room to another??

Old 02-09-03, 11:20 AM
JoanWhite
Visiting Guest
I have a forced air furnace but I am not hooking up the ventilation to it. The size of the vent is 8" x 12". I don't want a lot of heat to come in the room. It's a bedroom and I sleep better in a cold room. I just don't want to freeze!

Old 02-09-03, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
vents

OK If you want just some heat you could try this. Say get 4 6"x14" cold air grills. Now some place in this wall and up by the ceiling cut a hole through the wall and put a grill on each side of it. Then some where down near the floor line do the same thing. This should give you some heat in bedroom and you wont need a fan, the air should move by itself ED

Old 02-09-03, 11:41 PM
JoanWhite
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your help. I guess now I just have to be sure that I don't want forced heat.