furnace

Old 02-16-03, 08:02 AM
jkocik
Visiting Guest
furnace

My furnace seams to be opperating incorrectly. Sometimes but not all the time the system will go into its start cycle which is fan comes on the 10-15 seconds then turns off then the electronic ignighter comes on then the flame then the fan ignighter turns off system is working correctly. When it is not working the fan comes on then turns off the ignighter comes on then the flame but when the fan restarts the flame goes out then it starts to recycle and will continue until there is a change made by turning the ajusting the thermostate down until the system shuts off then wait a minute the turn the thermostate back up until the system starts up. Ususally back to normal. Please help. My furnace is a bryant mid efficienty gas furnace if that helps about 7 years old.

Old 02-16-03, 08:19 AM
whitey2
Visiting Guest
I am assuming this is a gas forced air? I am not an expert in this field but let me ask a question. is this a direct vent furnace without a chimney using PVC ppiping for both intake and combustion air? If it is similar to mine, here is how is operates. On a call for heat from the termostat the combustion air blower starts, than the ignitor lights, and must have a proven flame(thermocouple), than the gas turns on, and warms the hot air plenum, than the main fan motor starts and cirulates air thoughout the house. there are safeties for each step. it sounds like your ingnitor termocouple is defective or misaligned.

Old 02-16-03, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Question More info please.

jkocik:

Here is some info that may be usefull:
http://www.achrnews.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,1338,65283,00.html

Read the Read-B-4 posting anouncement at the top of this forum for what would be good to know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: