thermostat broken?

Old 03-02-03, 11:10 AM
tim141
Visiting Guest
thermostat broken?

Hello all. I'm new to the board, and hoping someone can give me an answer. My thermostat control, though set at 65, continues to heat to 80 degrees. It's like a sauna. I have oil heat. Should I call a professional, or does this sound like something I can handle on my own? Thanks.

Old 03-02-03, 11:34 AM
cgo1
Visiting Guest
T-stat problem

Greetings tim141,

There are several different types of T-stats. A lot of thermostats have to be level to operate properly, so I would remove the cover and check to see if it is loose, if so take a small level and level it then tighten the screws on the sub-base.

Note: There is a line or and area to place a small level on the sub-base with the word top and an arrow to level the thermostat.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-02-03, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Tstat

How long has it been doing this??? Did anyone do anything to the heat anticipator in it?????? With the cover off does it make and brake ok? Does the burner run when the tstat calls for off????Is this a new or old set up for heat INFO INFO ED

Old 03-02-03, 03:18 PM
tim141
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your response. I will give your suggestion a try. It is my inlaws house that I am watching, so I do not know exact details.

Tim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: