no LED readout on thermostat

Old 03-21-03, 06:22 AM
farmerdave
Visiting Guest
no LED readout on thermostat

Bryant deluxe 13 SEER heat pump, model 650A, with Puron, not quite two years old. Yesterday blower, compressor stopped. No LED readout on thermostat. Does anyone know if there is a breaker inside the external or blower unit inside the house? Or does this sound like a breaker (40 amp) at the panel outside near the compressor, or the funrnace breaker (100 amp) inside the main panel in my garage? I am having a hard time removing the plastic cover of the thermostat to see if we have a loose wire. Its a Totaline thermostat. Any help greatly appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-03, 06:57 AM
firsthvac
Visiting Guest
Sounds like you might have lost low voltage power. Here are some common things you can check before calling for warranty service:

Make sure the thermostat batteries are good (if you have a model that uses batteries)

Physically reset the circuit breaker for the indoor section to make sure it hasn't tripped.

Check to see if there is a resettable circuit breaker for the low voltage transformer (it will probably be a small red button next to the transformer or a small fuse (5 amp...looks like the kind you find in automobiles) on the circuit board inside the indoor section.

Old 03-23-03, 04:15 AM
farmerdave
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by firsthvac
Sounds like you might have lost low voltage power.

Thanks for your reply. I found nothing wrong with any of the breakers, so had no choice but to call the installer. He found a blown fuse in the air handler and traced it to a short between the handler and the outside compressor. Regards