Oil furnace won't turn off

Old 04-04-03, 06:14 AM
arkcole
Visiting Guest
Oil furnace won't turn off

My oil blast boiler won't shut off when tempurature is met on the upstairs zone. I replaced the old thermostats (both zones) with new digital ones thinking that was the problem, but the furnace continues to run. The temp. is set at 68 and it runs up to 79. What's up?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-03, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
oil burner

INFO INFO You dont say does the tstat work the pump or the burner. Lots of time the burner is run off of the boiler temp control there with a immersion aquastat???? With the tstat running the pumps . See or find out what you have doing what and how hot is the boiler. Turn off the power to the boiler if it get to high and have a tech look at it ED

Old 04-04-03, 11:42 AM
arkcole
Visiting Guest
Turns out it was the water flow valve that was faulty. It was not closing so the water was continually flowing through the system. The boiler would turn off when it got to temp (180 I think), but would turn back on as soon as it cooled because the valve would close. Also, the new thermostats I installed turned out to not be compatible with a three wire system which I have, so I reinstalled the old round Honeywell thermostats.