Lennox Heat Pump Reset Button?

Old 04-04-03, 01:32 PM
Angry Lennox Heat Pump Reset Button?

I have a problem I need to troubleshoot. We are in the transition of seasons. Regardless of whether I need heating or cooling, my inside fan unit will kick on when instructed to do so by the thermastat, but the outside unit will not start until I open the panel and push the reset button. Afterwards, everything runs just fine.

Why does it do this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-03, 04:02 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Try cleaning the indoor and outdoor coils if the unit has not been worked on recently, like adding freon this past summer..Most heat pump systems are critically charged and easy to overcharge.

Old 04-05-03, 06:34 AM
Overheating

It sounds like an overheated unit. Running in this condition will adventually kill the unit altogether and require replacing it. The manual reset is manual to get your attention. Power wash the outdoor unit, being carefull not to bend the fins...I wouldnt run it if I were you. Cleaning is much cheaper. If its a heat pump and you need heat switch the thermostat to emergency heat and take care of that outdoor unit. Dirty outdoor coils are the primary killers of compressors, or dirty air filters...