new furnace not working!

Old 04-07-03, 04:12 PM
coldandpoor
Visiting Guest
Unhappy new furnace not working!

We got a new gas Honeywell furnace at the end of last year and suddenly it has started to act up. The jets one by one have stopped staying lit. Now only one is lit and there is a yellow flame close to the door of the furnace. We're afraid to let it run for fear of a gas explosion and it is cold in Ohio right now!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-03, 07:17 PM
firsthvac
Visiting Guest
It sounds as though you have a gas pressure problem involving the gas control valve. Don't even try to continue using the furnace, call the folks who installed it for warranty repair or you could void your warranty and create further problems. If need be, you can always go to a motel to stay warm.

Old 04-11-03, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
coldandpoor:

I agree that your installer should come back to fix it.

Let us know how you make out.

Old 04-12-03, 08:15 PM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
i agree could be gas pressure problem.A bi-product of incomplete combution is a black soot that is very messy and can clog things up.

Old 04-13-03, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carbon monoxide!!!

Worse than that, this may end up costing you your life! If you cant get someone out there NOW, call the fire department and ask them if they could see if carbon monoxide is present... They have detectors to check that.. Your in a dangerous situation....

Old 04-18-03, 05:45 AM
raymond
Visiting Guest
single burner

lok for all info on unit include model &serial #'s. do not use system disconnect power or turn off gas shut off valve to ensure noone else utilizes system. call installing co. for a call back pertaing to equipment installed on specified date. if no help which would be rare, call lennox themselves to see who else honors warranty work on new equipment. take one step further on safety.

Old 04-19-03, 06:00 PM
hvacman
Visiting Guest
stop using it now..if you are still alive.......sounds like a pressure regulator issue to me,, but not being able to test it over the internet i am not sure........could be dirt in your orifices as well, this would cause the bad yellow flame as well as not allowing the flames to cross over to all the burners. get proffessional help now..and if you do not own a carbon monoxide detector yet..get one, they are as important to your life as a smoke detector.