Schematics/mod for Carrier 58PAV

Old 04-07-03, 09:58 PM
shaggychall
Visiting Guest
Question Schematics/mod for Carrier 58PAV

I have a Carrier 58PAV/ The heater seems to have an energy saving feature where after it's been on a long time (like when the ambient temperature is really cold) it shuts off the burner and lets the fan continue blowing for a while. It does all of this before the thermostat comes even close to reaching the set temperature. Is this an energy saving, or a safety feature? I want to bypass this so that when the power is on to the heater and the thermostat below temp the thing just stays on. I need this thing to crank out some heat (its in a pole barn).

or

Does anyone know where I can get electrical schematics for a Carrier 58PAV?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-03, 08:48 PM
firsthvac
Visiting Guest
It is not wise to bypass ANY control in a furnace, especially if it is a SAFETY feature. There are many different possibilities as to why the furnace burners are turning off prematurely. Better to call a local Authorized Carrier servicer and let them find out what the problem is.

Old 04-09-03, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
nope

this is not supposed to be how it works. you have a problem. call a pro. wiring diagram should be on the panel

Old 04-09-03, 08:11 PM
shaggychall
Visiting Guest
Thanks hvac4u

You say this is a problem, is it some sort of safety feature then? Would it have something to do with a clogged chimney or something of the sort, or is it probably the controls themselves?
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-10-03, 05:21 PM
what you describe

could be the high limit taking out the burner, fan running to cool of the bonnet, then flame back on. check filter, blower wheel, evap coil, belt (if any) and return air ducts for blockage.

Old 04-12-03, 10:47 AM
shaggychall
Visiting Guest
I think it may be the high limit as you suggest and/or a combinaton of the other things. A friend at work suggested the limit and this seems to probably be what it is since I only have two peaces of flexible duct running off the furnace and that is it. There was a large duct right off of the furnace which I blocked off to try and get more pressure to the other two.

Old 04-12-03, 12:25 PM
yep

restricting the airflow can trip the high limit for sure