HELP! HEATER & AC ?s

Old 04-15-03, 01:08 AM
kitamura
Visiting Guest
HELP! HEATER & AC ?s

hi, i have a honeywell st9201 series gas heater with a rheem ac. one day the heater just didn't turn on anymore. but i've check the heater itself and the pilot flame is still there, and everything seems to be fine. so i thought perhaps it's the thermostat. so my cousin replace the thermostat with the lux brand. however, prior to disconnecting the thermostat (honeywell T8195b 1009), there are 5 wires (red, yellow, green, blue, and white).

well, we've connected it onto the lux based on the same color locations, but still doesn't work. i've even reset the main power from the fuse box and still nothing. so what could it be the problem?? i've checked the original mercury type of thermostat and noticed some copper platings are rusty. i've cleaned up those copper platings but still nothing. can someone point me to a direction?? thanks.

Old 04-15-03, 06:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Does any part of it work??

Can you put the fan in on ? Does it come on?

Is there a switch on the side of the furnace that may have gotten turned off?

Old 04-15-03, 10:45 PM
kitamura
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by mattison
Does any part of it work??

Can you put the fan in on ? Does it come on?

Is there a switch on the side of the furnace that may have gotten turned off?
nothing comes on. all the switches are on the on position. we even reset the heater and the ac and still nothing comes on. any ideas?

Old 04-17-03, 02:54 PM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
check to see if you have 120volts at furnace if you do check to see if you have 24 volts out of secondary side of the transformer.if you dont know what a transformer is call a repairman.

Old 04-17-03, 03:27 PM
raymond
Visiting Guest
Question heater problem

touchred w/ white wire only what happens after 4 min. give me the model and serial #'s. do you hear click at main gas valve. do you know how to use a voltage meter?

Old 04-17-03, 03:32 PM
raymond
Visiting Guest
Question heater problem

touchred w/ white wire only what happens after 4 min. give me the model and serial #'s. do you hear click at main gas valve. do you know how to use a voltage meter?

Old 05-28-03, 04:45 PM
kitamura
Visiting Guest
Re: heater problem

Originally posted by raymond
ok.. i am going to try that 2nite. cuz now it's getting hella hot at home... and i need to have the ac on.

but thus far, i've already check to see which which wire goes into which switch... and there are total of 5 wires: R, W, B, Y, G. and they are all connected onto the honeywell mercury thermostat accordingly. but still nothing. is it possible that there might be a central fuse in the heater portion that malfunctioned and cause both the heater and AC not to work?

Old 05-28-03, 06:03 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
could be

a fuse on the circuit board depending on age and model, possible transformer, need more info

Old 05-28-03, 07:07 PM
kitamura
Visiting Guest
Re: could be

Originally posted by hvac4u
a fuse on the circuit board depending on age and model, possible transformer, need more info
well, the AC & Heater unit are about 7 yrs old. what kind of fuse should i be checking?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: