air on air off

Old 05-01-03, 07:23 PM
fixitdad
Visiting Guest
Question air on air off

I went to turn my air on for the first time and it did not want to
come on . I had left it on and left the house and when i returned
it was on and working fine. I did not think much about it until I turned it off for a couple of days ,and then when I went to turn
it back on it did not come on again. A few hours past and it kicked on. anyone have an idea what is going on?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-03, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
fixitdad:

To diagnose this you would have to be able to use a voltmeter to locate the component that is not energizing.

If you have a digital thermostat though there could be a delay in startup.

Old 05-02-03, 03:11 PM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
does the indoor blower motor kick on and not the outdoor unit or does nothing come on when you call for cool?

Old 05-03-03, 05:30 AM
firsthvac
Visiting Guest
...another "help me please but I'm not telling you anything about my system"

Please folks...eventhough most of us are very good at our professions, do realize we aren't where you are, therefore we rely on you to give us a picture of what you are looking at. There are literally hundreds of different brands, models and installation configurations for a/c which makes it very difficult to give good accurate advice about the problems encountered without details.

Not trying to be rude, fixitdad, but more specific information is needed before being able to give you an idea about what is going on and where you might look to correct the problem.

If you would please go read GregH's posting about information needed at the beginning of this forum and then return to your posting here with more details, we will be able to better help you.

Thanks