Air Condition Questions

Old 05-05-03, 06:13 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Condition Service Person comming Have questions

The air comming out of my vents doesnt feel that cold. So I called on my contract for someone to come out. When they come out I had some things I was going to watch them do, can you tell me if this is correct.

The air comming out of the vents should be 20 degrees cooler than the air going into the intake

Seems that my condensor outside should have 5lb of freon, so Im going to watch what the meter reads when they test it.

Anything else I could do?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-03, 06:31 AM
hvacjohnny
Visiting Guest
First, you don't need to be exactly 20 degrees difference in temperature. He should check the return air as close to the equipment as possible, and same for the Supply. A n average of 17 to 22 degrees is good, 18 to 20 being ideal.

He should check to see that your indoor and outdoor coils are clean, not stopped up. The service tech should also check your amp draws on the Compressor, Condenser fan motor, and indoor blower motor. To make sure they are with in there normal limits.

A clean filter should be in place, and your freon is anywhere between 5 lbs to 10+ all depending on size of equipment, length of lineset,......

The pressures on the guages are all relative to the outdoor temp, indoor temp, and equipment specs.

Most equipment have "Charging Charts" that show what the pressures should be in relation to the temperature.

Hope This Helps.

Johnny