Furnace fan running

Old 05-09-03, 07:07 AM
Curious Owner2
Visiting Guest
Furnace fan running

If I put the thermostat on the fan running all the time will this help remove the humidity in our home?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-03, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fan

info info here what are you trying to do???? Do you have a AC unit on the furnace???? ED

Old 05-09-03, 02:26 PM
Curious Owner2
Visiting Guest
OK.

Our home has central air and when it or the heat runs it draws moisture out of the air. This we all know.

This time of year the furnace or a/c is not on. Then I would presume there is moisture in the house. My question is, will turning on the furnace fan manually, blower running all the time, help in pulling any moisture out of the house

That is about the simplest way I can describe it.

Thanks

Old 05-09-03, 02:50 PM
The fan alone will not dehumiify your home. Actually only the air conditioner removes humidity from thr air.

Old 05-09-03, 04:55 PM
blower

In fact if you do turn on just the fan I think you will find that things in the home will just llike get wet. Like Kfield said only the AC on will help get the humidity out of the home.If you want you can do what a lot of people down here do. Tie a humidistat on with the tstat AC, inline with the tstat. Dont open the home up for just a cool night. If you have a basement get a small dehumidifer for down there. if you are on a crawl way do you have poly down on all the ground there? Its like when I do close my home up it takes like 5 or 6 days before it starts to get dry and you dont have to put the tstat down so low to feel comfortable Thats why we try to tell people when they say I want a big AC to make it cold.You dont, you want one that will run a lot and get the humidity out of the home and keep it out, this way you will feel comfortable at a much higher temp and lower humidity. This is also why the new 2 stage AC and variable speed blowers work so well. They get the humidity outand then they can just coast along ED