propane pool heater

Old 05-09-03, 07:12 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
propane pool heater

Hi,
Don't know if this is the proper forum, but here is my question/or looking for advice.
I am going to install a 250,000BTU propane gas heater.. I also have a propane gas fireplace in the home. I want to only have one tank, I plan to leave the tank where it is now-next to the house, and run a buried pipe to the pool heater...any suggestions/ help on how to do this. I believe I have to bury it 18 inches. Would I have to run it through some sort of pipe? Which kind?
Would it be better to have the tank closer to the unit in the house, and run the gas to the pool heater(40-50 feet), or have the tank next to the pool heater and run the pipe to the indoor unit.
p.s. there is a septic tank rainage field nearby-how deep are the pipes in a septic tank system buried? Thanks
George

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-03, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LP lines

First off, What is code there where you are?????? For the LP lines.
If you size the line right you can run it to the pool heater from where the tank is now.Boy with the cost of lp have you looked at the heatpump pool heater.Also I and most of the people by me use solar on the roof. I found that if the water is warm and the air is cold out the kids just dont go in the pool so why heat it when its cold. ED

Old 05-09-03, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
George:

I'm afraid the questions you are asking have to be answered by your utility or whoever issues the permit.

These regulations are not standard but vary from place to place.

I also agree, that thing is going to cost a fortune to operate.