Window Unit?


Old 05-14-03, 12:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Window Unit?

I live in an apartment and have casement (slider type) windows.
Can I install a regular window type unit or do I really need to buy the casement type that typically runs 3X the price of a small window unit.

Also, could a standard unit be installed on it's side or would it need to be in the normal orientation
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-03, 01:54 PM
hvac4u's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NW atlanta
Posts: 3,147
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

from what i understand you describe, tall thin opening, must get a dedicted unit. cannot put a standard one in on it's side
Old 05-14-03, 02:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

well, the window's plenty wide enuff, maybe I'll just put it on a board or something... long as I block off the top of the opening I guess it would work
Old 05-14-03, 02:38 PM
Jay11J's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 18,427
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

There is no reason why you can't do it as long the window is wide enough to fit the A/C unit into it....

Only down fall is your going to have a bigger piece of plywood to fill in the rest of the window. So that will let in less light into the room..
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: