A/C Coils

Old 05-18-03, 12:51 PM
DonandToby
Visiting Guest
Question A/C Coils

Our carpet gets soaked in our hallway (which is next to furnace/AC cooling unit) it drips from the front and back at the bottom of the unit, I guess near the drip pan. We disconnected the pipes and pored water down it and it flows just fine. What else should we check? Toby

Old 05-18-03, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
DonandToby:

When was the last time the a/c was serviced?

The coil and drain pan could be plugged up with dirt.

Old 05-21-03, 06:37 AM
DonandToby
Visiting Guest
A/C drain pan

Thanks for your reply. Our week has consisted of many A/C repairman. Unfortunately the A/C coils we have they cannot get into to see the condition of the inside of the drain pan, unless they pull the whole furnace. But my husband did crawl up in the attic and the coils were very dusty, but to clean them they also have to pull the whole unit(including furnace), and he(my husband) did notice rust on the corners of the drip pan from looking down from up above. But almost all of the repairmen suggested getting a new furnace too, since everything has to be pulled out, and it is the original one that was with this house, which we believe was built in 1977-1978. THANKS AGAIN!

Old 05-21-03, 01:08 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
it does sound

as if the pan is rusted out, very common here in georgia. since furnace is at that age as well, sounds like a sure bet to replace it as well. ask about variable speed technology, as it sounds as if the unit is in you living area (hallway) and would be much quieter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: