water heater not working

Old 06-02-03, 04:25 PM
remitch
Visiting Guest
Unhappy water heater not working

I have a 6yr gas prowerflex water heater with forced ext. by american water heater.
The problem is that the burner wont catch, the blower staters up and the iginator trys to light the burner bnut wont catch. what is the problem? help

Old 06-02-03, 04:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the ignitor/flame sensor has gone out on you.. The ignitor is your sensor, and when they get worn out, the won't sense the flame, and this shuts the gas valve off..

You may have to call a dealer or plumber to get this part.... I don't think a Home Improvement store would be stocking the ignitor.

Good Luck

Old 06-02-03, 05:25 PM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The right part

Just getting the right part to fit is a task in itself unless you take it to the supply house...dont get blown out of the house like that father and kid did the other day...Does anybody know if they lived? Gas.............. Its scary to think homeowners want to mess with this stuff willy nilly. Most guys in the trade being well trained, have stories of how they lost their eyebrows, lids, beards, hair..... I know a well trained guy that lost an eardrum, and was thrown 8' into a hurricane fence...he had the panel cover on and was standing to the side as a precaution, like taught in the schools...that precaution saved his life. Oil guys have a proverb...
Go modern,
go gas,
go boom!
To the home owner...you might want to call a pro
If you insist be very careful...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: