"splicing" flex duct.


Old 06-08-03, 12:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
"splicing" flex duct.

I am converting the "back-room" into living space and need AC. I have a duct that I can access by simply removing a bit of drywall.

How do I splice into the pipe(again, it's approx 12" flexable pipe), and seal it properly.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-03, 06:04 AM
54regcab's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 661
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
"T" fittting

You may be able to find a sheetmetal "t" fitting at your local HVAC supply
Old 06-09-03, 02:46 PM
Thomas W.
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
It sounds like you may be talking about running another duct off of it. Be careful as that duct may allready supply an area and if you put in a 3 way and take away from it you will have problems.
Old 06-09-03, 02:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thank you both.

I will be pulling from an existing supply line and am wondering if there are dampers that can be used in flex-duct.
Otherwise, I'll be able to accomplish the same thing by simply closing the register to the new room (a small lab 10x12).

If there is any other solutions for splicing the flex-line, I'd be very interested in your ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: