Window AC weaK

Old 06-08-03, 04:49 PM
wasmeneh
Visiting Guest
Angry Window AC weaK

Bought a new little get-a-way house has a window unit that is supposed to cool 3 rooms (whole house is 1350 sft) seems to be blowing slightly cool air I suppose it needs more freon.... whats my next step.
Thanks Mike

Old 06-09-03, 06:06 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Freon leak

Unfortunately a window unit is a sealed system, to add service valves and charge the system would exceed the cost of a new window unit in most cases.
Funny thing is they put the pressures on the sticker but have no means of checking them ...

Old 06-09-03, 09:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i would

take it out and clean it thoroughly with a high pressure hose, keeping water out of the electrical components. many tech have taken them to the car wash. failing that, a BPV or bullet piercing valve will attach to the line and allow access to the system.

Old 06-10-03, 08:56 PM
firsthvac
Visiting Guest
Since you don't give any information about the unit itself (model number, location of the unit, etc.) or the environment it is running in (indoor/outdoor temperatures, temperature coming out of the unit, etc) you could have problems ranging from an undersized/overworked unit to a failing compressor to a lack of airflow and so on.

Follow HVAC4U's advice on cleaning the unit. If you get no improvement, replace the unit...it'll cost less than finding out what's wrong with it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: